A collection of students from across the school will be performing solos in a music recital next Thursday 21 June 2018 at 3.00pm as part of the annual Ely Cathedral Flower Festival. The recital will take place in the Lady Chapel and tickets cost £8.00, available from the Cathedral website. We would be delighted to see parents/friends there on the day to enjoy our beautiful music and support our talented students.
Young musicians from Soham Village College and Feeder Primary Schools will compete for the title of 'Young Musician of the Year' on Tuesday 3rd July 2018 from 7.00pm in The Performing Arts Centre with guest adjudicator Matthew Rudd. Tickets are priced £5.00 each and available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/Sohamvc
The College will finish early on the last day of the Summer Term which is Friday 20 July 2018. Students will leave school at 1.15pm and not stay for the usual lunchtime. Food will be available in the canteens at morning break. Buses and taxis will depart the site at 1.25pm.
Soham Village College students have enjoyed their first ever House Photography Competition.The runners-up were Isla Jones in Year 7 for her picture of a bird & Tru Dyble also in Year 7 for her photo of a rabbit. The overall winner was Reece Tennyson-Parsons in Year 11 for his incredible picture of a horse at sunset
The Inkling is Soham Village College's online magazine. It is entirely student produced; this includes articles, photographs, artwork, and page design. The team currently comprises journalists and designers from across year groups and is led by five editors from Year 11.
Achieving Excellence With Care
Our vision is to be a truly outstanding Village College at the heart of its community
- We aim to provide an education in which outcomes for students are outstanding
- We are committed to the provision of a curriculum which gives every student the opportunity to achieve highly and to enjoy learning
- We encourage students to develop the skills they will need for working life
- We are committed to the well-being of all of our students and help them adopt a lifestyle which is safe, healthy and constructive within the local community
- We seek to enable our students to reflect on their own experiences and those of others to develop a clear set of personal values in which respect for self, others and the environment is central